How To Get Your PhilHealth Number – Easy and Updated Steps￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
Due to the high cost of healthcare in the Philippines, many Filipinos are unable to pay their medical bills. According to the Philippine Wellness Index study, most Filipinos use PhilHealth to pay for their hospital visits. Given that it lessens your financial burden when you or a loved one is hospitalized, this fact emphasizes the significance of PhilHealth.
Most likely, you wish you never had to use PhilHealth benefits. Nobody is immune to illness. And so, having health insurance in case you truly need it is reassuring.
The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) is a government agency that helps to provide health insurance coverage in the Philippines. Currently, there are over 10 million Filipinos who have their individual health insurance plans provided by PhilHealth. This agency has been created to maintain the best quality of health services for those who need them most. If you do not have one, this article will help you.
3 Easy Ways to Get Your Philhealth Number
Anyone who registers for a PhilHealth membership receives a special, permanent number called a PhilHealth Identification Number (commonly known as a PIN or PhilHealth ID number). This is used for member identification, determining if they are eligible for PhilHealth benefits, and keeping track of when they utilize those benefits.
Every PhilHealth member is given a 12-digit, permanent identifier. For every PhilHealth transaction, including obtaining an ID and receiving benefits, a PhilHealth number is necessary. So, how to get a PhilHealth number?
Walk-in (First-Time Member)
Are you self-employed, a local employee, an OFW, or a member of the indigent family? Here are ways to help you acquire a PhilHealth Number.
- For local employees and sea-based OFWs: If you’re locally employed or an OFW, you need to fill out two copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF). Then, submit the filled-out form to the HR department of your company or manning agency. You will get your Member Data Record (MDR), which includes your PhilHealth number, as well as your PhilHealth ID when your application has been approved.
- For employers: If you are the employer and you need to register your employees, you may proceed to the nearest PhilHealth branch and submit the filled-out PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) for employee registration. Once your application has been processed, they will issue your PhilHealth Employer Number (PEN), together with the MDR/s and PhilHealth number/s of your employee/s.
- For indigent members: You can go to your city or municipal DSWD office to obtain a certification if your family belongs to the list of NHTS (National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction) households. After that, you may present your valid ID and this certificate from DSWD to the nearby PhilHealth branch. Once enrolled, the MDR and PhilHealth ID issued to you will allow you to view your PhilHealth number. People whose families are not NHTS can go to their barangay office in the meantime. If you meet the requirements, you will be registered in the Sponsored Program and given a PhilHealth ID with your PhilHealth number on it.
- For voluntary members: Once you complete the PhilHealth registration requirements, you may submit them to any PhilHealth Regional Office, Local Health Insurance Office, PhilHealth Express outlet in selected malls, iRemit, or Ventaja branch in your host county (if you are an OFW), Office for Senior Citizens Affairs (if you are a senior citizen), or PRA Head Office (if you are a foreign retiree). Pay your PhilHealth contribution and submit the Official Receipt. After successful registration, you will receive your MDR and PhilHealth ID, which both contain your PhilHealth number.
Online Registration (Currently Unavailable Due To System Maintenance)
Traveling to the PhilHealth office and lining up may take up some time. For those who have no time to visit the office, you can now apply for a PhilHealth number online. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the PhilHealth Online Registration link.
- Fill out all required fields such as contact information, dependents, your membership category, and PhilHealth Employer Number or PEN (which employed members can get from their employer or HR department).
- Upload all registration requirements.
- Check your email for the verification link that PhilHealth will provide. To complete the registration procedure, click this link.
- Your transaction number will then be included in another email from PhilHealth. Keep in mind that this is not your official PhilHealth number, which you’ll get in a different email one to three weeks after successful application.
- You may immediately begin making contributions and qualify for PhilHealth benefits once you have your PhilHealth number.
Registration Through Email Request
In case online registration is unavailable, you still have the option to register via email. To do it, follow this simple procedure:
- Download the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF). By visiting the official PhilHealth website and choosing Downloads from the top right menu, you may access this form. Under Membership, choose Forms, and then click the PMRF download link.
- Download and print the form, then manually fill it out. PhilHealth won’t accept documents that are electronically signed.
- Scan the duly accomplished form and send it in a PDF or JPEG format to email@example.com and attach a scanned copy or photo of any valid ID. Don’t forget to put the following in the email subject line: Register<space>Name<space>City/Province, Region
- Wait for PhilHealth’s response to provide you with your PhilHealth number.
FAQs on Getting a PhilHealth Number
- When is it necessary to use the PhilHealth ID number?
In order to be eligible for benefits, you must have a PhilHealth number. Additionally, college students over the age of 21 who are enrolling in a restricted number of face-to-face courses must now register with PhilHealth in order to have their medical expenditures paid for in the event that they catch COVID-19. As a result, if you or your sibling want to attend in-person sessions, assist them by explaining how to obtain a PhilHealth ID.
- Can I obtain a PhilHealth ID right away?
Yes. Fortunately, it does not take that long. You may quickly get your PhilHealth ID the same day as your PhilHealth registration, so there’s no need to wait days or weeks. You just need to secure your PhilHealth ID number and attach a 1×1 photo to your ID card.
- Am I qualified to get a PhilHealth number under the indigent member category?
As said by PhilHealth, “This category belongs to persons who have no visible means of income, or whose income is insufficient for family subsistence, as identified by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), based on specific criteria. All indigents identified by the DSWD under the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) for Poverty Reduction and other such acceptable methods, shall automatically be enrolled and covered under the Program. The female spouse of the families identified by DSWD may be designated as the primary member of the Program.”
- What are the PhilHealth Number application requirements?
Please prepare the following requirements:
- Two valid IDs or a photocopy of your NSO Birth Certificate.
- Two filled copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form.
- Two latest 1×1 passport-size photos.
Most Filipinos are mindful of their health. As a result, the majority of them have tried to secure their medical requirements. Fortunately, PhilHealth is among the most affordable and trustworthy medical insurance providers in the Philippines.
Don’t fail to appreciate the value of possessing a government-issued ID like this one, even if we are aware that standing in line for hours to obtain one might be inconvenient.
Particularly during this pandemic, it’s one of the best ways to submit a claim for benefits at private and public healthcare facilities. In addition to keeping your PHIC ID close at hand in case of an emergency, be sure to keep your PhilHealth membership updated at all times.